The weather the past few days has been frigid for this tropical girl. So, I’ve avoided venturing outside at all costs, especially with Luke. I don’t know what I’d do if we lived somewhere that was like this for half the year.
Anyway, I’ve been able to sew a fleece and flannel jacket for Luke. I had it planned and cut out for quite a while, but just hadn’t taken the time to sew it. The jacket came together a whole lot faster than I expected it to. Since its reversible, basically you have to make two jackets, and I was thinking that would take a while. But yesterday I got the whole thing sewn together, today I just added the elastic, did some topstitching,made the buttonholes, and sewed on the buttons. I’m really pleased with how it turned out, especially since I had to try a lot of new things for this project: sleeves, the hood, buttonholes and buttons in a row, making something reversible…
I used Butterick 5713. As with my previous experience, the sizing seems to be a little bit off. Unlike the earlier catastrophe, it works okay in this jacket. The sleeves are meant to be rolled up, so the length there is fine. The length of the jacket seems to be a little long, and it might be a little wide, but its definitely still wearable and warm. And that just means it should last him through the winter. I think it looks pretty cute on Luke.
Hopefully, matching pants will be coming soon.